Sunday, September 12, 2010

-40, +15 = Pointaliciousness Needed

So, I didn't do a great job maintaining the blog while doing Weight Watchers last year. However, as the title implied I did pretty good going from about 220 to about 180 in 6 months last year. Then, for the next 10 months I ate like a king...and gained 15 pounds back. So, to mainly be able to fit back into the new wardrobe I bought for fall/winter of last year...I need to lose that 15 and maybe another 5 or 10 after that. I'd love to be 175 by Christmas.


So, without further ado, a pointalicious dessert. Remember pointaliciousness is EXTREMELY subjective, and when dessert is involved it becomes RIDICULOUSLY subjective. But, I bet Snickers bars are universally liked and I have to give it to Weight Watchers for creating a pretty good clone.
For 3 points, it barely makes the cut. Remember, to be pointalicious the amount of food, the taste of the food and the relative point value have to be about unbelievable (like 1 cup of grapes is 1 point...that's crazy awesome). But, the dessert in question does have the Snickers type flavor and the typical 'good-for-you' ice cream and chocolate (which always taste a little off) is muted by the real peanuts and caramel-like substance.
The combo works and I now try to work in to have 3 points specifically in reserve for one of these bars. Also, they smartly (or perhaps quite by accident) include enough bars in the box (6) to have one most nights of the week. So, just add it to the grocery list as a standard item to pickup each week.
dp


No comments:

Post a Comment