Monday, October 12, 2009

Yoplait Light



Okay, so it's not the fanciest of foods, but yogurt is certainly a popular diet food. And boy oh boy are the yogurt choices before you tremendous. Let me set one thing straight however, I haven't tried every diet yogurt out there, so if there is one better then this, let me know.

But, for my two points, I choose Yoplait Light everyday of the week. It is quite frankly better then any full fat yogurt I've ever had and my both daughters prefer it over their own individual yogurts (baby yogurt and Dora-branded). I've actually been able to eat only one 6oz yogurt for an entire breakfast meal and feel full (with black coffee of course).

My advocacy has its limits and there are certain flavors that should be avoided....namely anything that's supposed to be a traditional baked good that could never be replaced (I'm talking to you 'Cinnamon Roll'). There's a tangy yogurt taste to all flavors so just consider any flavor you undertake as 'Tangy blah blah blah'. For instance, "Tangy Boston Cream Pie' = Not Good; but 'Tangy Key Lime Pie' = Sorry, daughter # 2, none for you.

Despite that, I encourage you to find your own. My personal choices are somewhat boring I guess, but these are the best I've found.... Harvest Peach, Strawberry, Strawberry Cheesecake, and Key Lime Pie. My wife gets blueberry and rasberry everynow and then because she's bored buying the same ones over and over, but they're also pretty good.

So, for a quick two point, pointalicoius breakfast, try Yoplait Light.

DP

1 comment: